Saturday, March 7, 2015

Stanford MSx, Stanford Golf Course Coupa Cafe, Palo Alto, CA


At A Glance -
Type of Event: Graduation Party
Number of Guests: ~60
Preferred Genres: 80s Pop and Rock
Load In/Load Out: 6:00pm/12:45am
Equipment: 400W Mains, Mixer/Controller, Microphones, Light Trees/Uplights/Dancelights


Well to be completely honest I am WAYYY behind on blog posts. But I do have a cloud drive full of pictures from my events, so I want to share them when I can.

This event was in early March for Stanford's MSx Master of Science program graduates. It was held at the Coupa Cafe restaurant located on the Stanford Golf Course. They were an amazingly fun group with tons of energy, and they went all out for the 80s party! Their coordinator Jacquie found me through the wonders of the internet, saw this blog, my yelp reviews and decided I was a good fit. She said that it would be a big plus if I had a costume, so I dressed up as a an 80s skater and my assistant came as painter Bob Ross. It's kinda nice to dress down for a change!


There was really no schedule to follow or planned events, besides at one point we turned all the lights on for a group picture. The rest of the time it was dancing, dancing, and more dancing to the hits of the 80s. Being an 80s child myself (just barely... '88), I was happy to keep them coming. I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Disclaimer: I'm still learning how to use my camera in low light, so I apologize for the blurriness!











Thanks so much to Stanford MSx for having me, and congratulations to the graduates and their bright futures!


No comments:

Post a Comment