Saturday, January 3, 2015

Tommy and Margie, La Selva Beach Clubhouse, La Selva Beach, CA

At A Glance -
Type of Event: Wedding Reception
Number of Guests: 110-125
Preferred Genres: Motown/Top40/Christian
Load In/Load Out: 11am/10pm
Equipment: Two Main Speakers, Mixer/Controller, Microphones, Trussing/Uplights/Dancelights

The love story of Tommy and Margie goes beyond just meeting and falling in love, in fact they both might say that they were in love with each other before they met. They are strong in their faith, and credit that with how they were able to plan a wedding in just 3 short months. He's from Florida, she's from Kentucky but they met and got married here in California!


The majority of my work is done in the greater Bay Area, but with the first Saturday of 2015 came my first wedding reception of 2015 and it took place in my hometown of Aptos. Friends and family came from near and far to witness their ceremony held at the Mount Hermon Chapel in Scott's Valley, then made the 30 minute drive to the reception site.

The reception was held at the La Selva Beach Clubhouse, a hidden gem of an event space just a stone's throw to the Ocean. The decorations were wonderful, the fireplace and the natural feel of the space made this Winter wedding feel cozy.


The food was absolutely amazing, guests went buffet style through the serving area for food and wine. Luckily, I brought my camera and while I was attending my duties at the DJ table, my wife Michelle was able to snap pictures of the reception hall and the happy couple.


After dinner toasts were made, then more toasts, then more! There was even a live performance complete with freestyle rapping. Definitely a first for me!





The night was lively and exciting, and it seemed like the dancing would never stop. There were requests for everything from country line dances, dougies, jerks, wobbles, even some emo karaoke. I did my best to keep up with requests and keep the energy steady. We even got to slow things down while the whole wedding party sang Aerosmith's "Don't Want to Miss a Thing." 






Even after Tommy and Margie made their grand exit, the wedding party insisted I keep things rolling. So we did and we danced until it was apparent it was time to clean up :)




Congratulations to Tommy and Margie, thank you for a wonderful January Wedding, and thank you for having me as your DJ! 

2015 is already off to a great start! 


No comments:

Post a Comment